We use DISC extensively in general team building and team workshops. Why? It is one of the most powerful Emotional Intelligence tools that anyone can master!
DISC enables Leaders and Teams to gain insights into theirs and others’ behavioural styles, improving Communication, Collaboration, Service and Sales Performance and Emotional Intelligence.
So what is DISC?
DiSC is the leading behavioural profiling tool, globally. DiSC is a powerful emotional intelligence tool, enabling high levels of self awareness. DiSC also creates greater awareness of others behaviour and unlocks the secrets to managing, communicating, collaborating, influencing, selling to and servicing different types of people.
DiSC is exceptionally useful teams as it creates deep understanding of others, more inclusiveness and collaboration and much stronger team awareness and acceptance.
DiSC focuses on behaviour. The premise of DiSC is that people behave as a response to the environment. Each of the four styles perceives and responds differently to the environment. DiSC states that every person has some elements of each of all four styles however, as humans we tend to rely on one or two styles. Everyone has a primary style and most people have a secondary style.
DiSC was developed based on the American psychologist named William Moulton Marston, who developed a theory to explain people’s emotional responses. This theory was based on a number of theories including the ancient Greeks and Carl Jung’s observations.
The DiSC profiling tool takes approximately 10 minutes to complete online and clients receive a professional detailed profile. We then use the DISC profiles to enable deep team building, trust and cohesiveness.
Key Benefits of DiSC for individuals:
- Creates greater self awareness
- Creates greater understanding of your strengths
- Gain insights into your limitations and how to work with these
- Gain insights into your key motivations and drivers
- Gain insights into what energises you
- Gain insights into the conflicts you have with others
- Gain insights into others behavioural styles
Key Benefits for the team
- Gain greater understanding of how to interact with the other DiSC styles
- Understand how to increase your team working effectiveness
- Learn to read others behavioural style
- Understand how to increase your relationship skills
- Understand how to increase your leadership skills
- Understand how to increase your influencing skills
- Understand how to increase your conflict resolution skills
- Understand how to increase your customer service skills
- Understand how to increase your sales effectiveness
Ensure the norms are correct for you country
If you are in Australia/NZ/UK be wary of using a tool from USA. The US has quite different culture and therefore their norms can show that people have a stronger or weaker style than is actually the case. So in Australia/NZ/UK , it is important to use an appropriate cultural norm DISC profile, by a reputable company.
At Team Whisperers we used an endorsed tool and our Coaches and trainers have 8- 20 years experience working with DISC.